Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Traditions & Hot Cocoa

I hope everyone has been having a wonderful Christmas Eve! I know I have! My family is very laid back (I wouldn’t have it any other way) and our evening together consisted of a dinner of grilled hotdogs (done from the balcony of our apartment) and curly fries, while watching the Nicktoons marathon of Avatar: The Last Airbender (FTW!).

My family has several Christmas traditions and one of them is to open one gift from my dad on Christmas Eve. This year I got a “Justin Case” Roadside Assistance kit. I guess my dad heard about my 2 consecutive “Worst Driver” awards. It even comes with an "SOS banner."
Another tradition is for my dad to make his special hot cocoa for my sister and I in our cute Santa mugs. I asked him how he makes this seriously delicious concoction. Here, my friends, is how (you’re welcome):

For one cup of hot cocoa:

You’ll need:
1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of cocoa powder
3 teaspoons of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
A drop of cinnamon extract

(All measurements are approximations. You can add more or less milk to taste.)

Steps:
1. Heat up ½ cup of milk for 1 minute a in microwave oven.
2. Mix in cocoa and sugar. If desired, strain into another cup to get rid of cocoa clumps.
3. Add rest of milk and marshmallows.
4. Heat up for another minute.
5. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon extract.
6. Add more marshmallows, if desired.
7. ENJOY!!!


What are some of your Christmas traditions?

1 comment:

  1. aw, love your traditions! we always open our gifts from our immediate family on christmas eve & go look at lights :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...